The Civil Air Terminal (CAT) Business Plan
The Delaware River & Bay Authority (DRBA) selected R.A. Wiedemann & Associates, Inc., to perform an Airport Business Plan for the Civil Air Terminal (CAT) located on the Dover Air Force Base in Delaware.
Because the CAT is located on the Dover AFB and uses the base’s airfield, it is entirely subject to the operational requirements of the military.
The Business Plan addressed the impact of the military interaction and security on the operations and growth of the CAT as well as focused on the following main issues:
- The expansion and strengthening of CAT ramp areas
- The implementation of U.S. Customs Service screeing to accommodate international air cargo shipments
- The ability to react to recruitment of a commercial airline
- The annexation of the adjacent Kent AeroPark tracks to grow the footprint of the CAT
- The exploration of public/private partnership opportunities
- The use of State and DRBA funding
- The NPIAS Designation
- The improvements in access infrastructure